Sunday, November 14, 2010

CH 10 Blog

As a Junior in college I have been considering what exactly I want to do with my international business degree. I truly enjoy and am very good at geography and always was curious how I could link the two. I had a professor last semester who gave me the advice on focusing on marketing because geography is correlated with marketing. In Chapter ten the motto for international business is "location, location, location." Spatial perspective is a defining feature of international business. They also say that two sets of considerations drive the location of foreign entries: (1) strategic goals and (2) cultural and institutional distances. Location-Specific advantages are the benefits a firm reaps form features specific to a particular place. Examples that are giving include Singapore is an idea stopping point for air traffic between Europe and Australia and for sea traffic between the Middle East and East Asia. I feel with the issues of inflation and crowded cities location is key. I agree that location is key for a successful international business.

No comments:

Post a Comment